Zendesk - ChatGPT App - Quick Start
How it works
The ChatGPT Assistant is straightforward. Whenever an agent will display a ticket, ChatGPT will automatically generate recommendations for:
- General Topic: What the ticket is about (from the initial customer message).
- Initial Sentiment: How the customer feels (from the initial customer message).
- Conversation Summary: What happened so far (from the entire public conversation).
- Suggested Reply: What to say next (from the entire public conversation, or the initial request for macros).
The agent can also choose to regenerate the recommendations on-the-fly, or add them to the ticket as a Private note.
OpenAI is the company behind ChatGPT. While the Zendesk addon may be free to some extent, ChatGPT is not.
Free accounts can use the product up to 5$ worth of credit within the first 3 months. The addon will stop working after that. In order to continue using the addon and ChatGPT, you must subscribe to OpenAI.
If you already have an account with them, make sure you still have credit available. More information here.
Note that trial users are subject to throttling by OpenAI. After a few requests, you will start seeing the error "Too many requests". You can only avoid that adding a payment method to your OpenAI account.
After deploying the application, you will find a number of installation fields:
- OpenAI - API Key: You must first create an account at OpenAI then generate a new Secret key here.
- OpenAI - Model: Turbo Edition plan ($) is required. The AI model depends on your plan and is priced differently by OpenAI.
- OpenAI - Reply tone: This will influence how the reply is generated and must follow the default syntax in ENGLISH. The default is "professional and confident". An alternative could be "polite but funny".
- OpenAI - Characters limit: Replies length can be restricted. We do not recommend to change the default.
- App - Custom Reply Prompt: Set your own prompt for reply generation. This will override the above reply tone as well.
- App - Autorun: The app will send a request to OpenAI whenever a ticket is refreshed. This option may significantly increase your usage bill.
- App - Restricted channels: The app will only run for tickets of certain types. Do not enable Autorun and disable this option at the same time - otherwise chat messages would constantly trigger requests to OpenAI.
- App - Suggest macros: Custom Edition plan ($) is required. Whenever a macro matches the context of the initial request, it will be set as the Suggested Reply.
- App - Invoke macros: Custom Edition plan ($) is required. Whenever a macro is suggested, the macro text will be loaded into the agent's text editor to save time.
The app is available in multiple languages: English, French, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, German, Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian and Swedish.
Field labels (e.g., Initial Sentiment) as well as Topic, Sentiment and Summary are automatically translated into the user's default browser language.
The Suggested Reply is not affected by this parameter. Whenever possible, the AI will try to answer in the same language as the ticket content.
You are only eligible for the feature if you are a paid customer on the Custom Edition plan ($).
Macro suggestions only work if the following prerequisites are fulfilled:
- The ticket is a new request. No agent has replied to the customer yet.
- Your macros must have a clear Title and Description.
When a macro is found, the macro ID and Title are mentioned instead of the regular suggested reply.
Otherwise, the app simply generates a new suggested reply.
The levels of Frustration and Urgency are automatically scored out of 10.
The average is shown in the app. Any score above 8 is marked with a ⚠ icon.
This is currently a beta feature and can be disabled in the Settings.
Errors generally come from OpenAI requests. For example, you may have exceeded your free quota.
Zendesk will notify you when an error occurred with a popup.